Monday, February 23, 2009

2009 Oscar Fashion Re-cap

I just wasn't that floored this year with the dresses. None were super standouts for me, maybe I have become too picky and expecting of great things but I was waiting for a "WOW" moment and it never really arrived.


Natalie Portman
* Raspberry color is fresh and lovely
* Love the bodice detail


Miley Cyrus
*While not he greatest Miley fan she really did have the most age appropriate dress.
*I think we forget she is only 15, so lots of layers and beading are spot on



Sarah Jessica Parker
*Oh SJP, love the ballerina dress with belt accessory.


Marissa Tomei
*I pray that I look this good at 44
*Beautifully sculpted gown and right on trend with the origami details


Heidi Klum
*Fun and Funky, but glam enough for the Oscars??



Diane Lane
*Simple and stunning per usual



Anne Hathaway
*I really like the bodice and paillette detail of her gown. The pooling of the fabric at the hem is gorgeous, but why the creamy color??

No comments: