Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Straw Hat Strut

I have been searching for the perfect summer straw hat.

Large brim, curved head, enough space on top to wrap a colorful scarf. I picture it with my gauzy and breezy cover up and old navy bikini, beach read in hand, ready for a nice long day sunning at the beach.

A beach hat can be fashionable and functional. I love the sun but I do want to keep the wrinkles at bay as long as possible so sunscreen and a hat are pertinent while lounging outside.

I thought I had made my discovery until I looked at the price and decided that my new beach hat really shouldn't be over $40o, especially with sand, wind and the occasional salt water splash. But I LOVE this hat, so I searched for a more reasonable option.

Here is what I found, Enjoy!

Inspiration

Pucci "Raffia Hat"
$410
net-a-porter.com





Affordable Options

Urban Outfitters "Kimchi Hat" and Diane Von Furstenberg aqua cotton-silk scarf
$28.00 and $41.00, respectively
urbanoutfitters.com and bluefly.com


Jcrew "Isola Hat" with Old Navy embroidered scarf
$58.00 and $12.50, respectively
jcrew.com and oldnavy.com



Merona packable floppy hat and Cejon oblong floral scarf
$12.99 and $38.00, respectively
target.com and nordstrom.com

No comments: