Friday, April 24, 2009

I can't take my eyes off Ikat

Ikat is a woven (although prints are the popping up like mad) style of that uses a resist dyeing process similar to tie-dye (although so much more chic than tie-die) before the threads are woven to create a pattern or design. It is a lovely, abstract look that inspires an adventurous summer escape.

The woven and printed silk are my favorites. So lustrous and beautiful. Enjoy!




Marc by Marc Jacobs Ekat ikat dress with
Boutique Nordstrom "Tate" Wedge
$328 and $59.95, respectively




Ikat stripe dress found at Forever 21 with Enzo Angiolini sandals
$22.90 and $89, respectively



Dolce Vita "Mooshi" dress with Anthropologie Ikat Skimmers
$198 and $99.95, respectively



A.B.S. ikat cover dress with Tricoastal design ikat scarf
$119 and $14, respectively



Milly ikat print bikini with Eugenia Kim "Honey" hat
$215 and $290, respectively



7 for all Mankind flounce skirt with Express ikat shopper
$165 and $44.50, respectively



2 comments:

HeddyShea said...

I couldn't agree more! Although I had been swooning over Ikat for my home interiors, now that I see your post on clothes I'm even more in love!

XO
SimplyHeddyShea
www.simplyheddyshea.blogspot.com

Maria said...

Thanks for the post and visiting, sorry for my delay. Love your blog!
xo