Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Island Escape

I am venturing to the warm waters of the Caribbean this weekend and my bags are packed. You can call me a planner but I love to use a checklist when I pack for a trip, this way I ensure, to the best of my ability, that I won't forget anything. I do not enjoy having to spend my shopping money on items I left at home. So here are some of the essentials I am bringing with me on my trip to the islands. Enjoy!

Anya Hindmarch Boat Tote is prefect for the beach and also moonlights as a carry-on bag.


Soft light weight hat, gotta love Eugenia Kim, is essential to protect from the sun and to add a little chic to any beach ensemble. A scarf has so many uses. A shawl, a wrap, a sarong. It is one of the most versatile pieces. Loving the Kiff Scarf from Calypso.


Favorite flip flops, they are thin, comfortable and so easy to pack. CastaƱer Espadrilles for day shopping and adventures off the beach.



Love the fit of J.Crew bikinisOld Navy also has a great selection.

 

A tunic is perfect for covering up on the way to the beach and then easy to throw on for lunch by the pool. It is light and airy, so warm days are not a worry. This lace coverup from Joie is superb.

A maxi dress, like this one from ODYLYNE, is a great way to transition to night, add a pendant necklace and bracelets to feel a little more dressed up.


Flip Camera to capture all the wonderful moments.


Beach read, my sister recommended this to me and I can't wait to read it before the movie comes out.



Neutrogena Cooling Mist is my choice for body sunblock. It doesn't feel oily or sticky and goes on pretty evenly. As for my face, I am a Dermalogica girl so the Solar Defense is my go to.

No comments: