Thursday, July 7, 2011

Packing for California

I have a one week trip to California coming up, when it comes to extended stays, strategic packing is key. 3 pairs of shoes (not including running shoes) is the max I like to pack, plus the pair I wear on the place. Checking luggage is a debacle,  I much prefer to head straight to my destination and avoid waiting for the conveyer belt to, fingers crossed, deliver my favorite Swiss Army rolly bag with the big red ribbon. So, since shoes take up the most space it is important I create my ensembles based around the shoes.

This trip is filled with activities: throwing a baby shower with my mom and sister for my best friend, lounging poolside, horseback riding with my aunt in Santa Margarita, then a couple days in sunny Santa Barbara, including a dinner with my newly engaged cousin and her darling fiance. A varied wardrobe is necessary. Everything below fits, neatly packed, into my carry-on, along  with makeup/toiletries bag. All other items, like laptop, magazines, scarf and snacks, go in my handbag.

There are 5 outfits below with at least 5 more that can be created from all the pieces. Enjoy!


Packing for California

No comments: