Monday, October 3, 2011

Inspiration: Alber Elbaz

In the September 17th issue of the Financial Time's How to Spend It, I came across the most inspiring article about Alber Elbaz, the creative director of Lanvin. The article touches on how Elbaz came into fashion, his trials, tribulations and great success at Lanvin. What I found so wonderfully lovely and refreshing is how genuinely kind Elbaz seems to be. The article is appropriately titled "More Mister Nice Guy." You can find it here. I included some of my favorite Elbaz remarks from the Financial Times article:

"I hate everything I did yesterday. I have to: otherwise how would I have the energy and drive to do something today?"

"Be both big and small"

"My dream is to unite all designers of the world and create a union so we can all talk together. Then we can see how to better protect our creativity. You know, I felt terrible when they were saying I would replace Karl at Chanel. I wrote him a note apologizing."

Below are some favorites from the Lanvin spring 2012 collection, which was sophisticate and sexy. The color palette was clean with black, white, grey, shades of blush and navy as the majority of the collection. A standout was the group of pastel cocktail dresses with sheer chiffon gently forming the skirt.  Enjoy!



(All photos from Style.com)


No comments: