Friday, May 31, 2013

First Birthday

My little guy will be one tomorrow and while the year went by fast there were some definite moments that felt like they would last forever... like teething, no one told me it never ends.

I kind of feel like this is my first birthday, too, my first birthday being a mom. Out of all the jobs I have had this is by far the most challenging and most rewarding. To see him learn, grow and develop a little personality is the highlight of my day. When he takes regular naps it's just icing on the cake. I complain to my husband during difficult moments but as I write this post I wouldn't change anything about my choice to stay at home with the Little Guy and work part time as a Stylist and Blogger.

I understand now what my mom told me for so many years... there is no love greater than the love a mother has for her child. I get it. I have only known this little human being for a year and I adore him more than words can express. Yes, he drives me mad when he tries to grab the dirty diaper while I change him, or constantly stand in the tub while having a bath but when he laughs my world lights up. When he sees a dog and gets excited, surfs the furniture to get the toy he wants, or points to the front door to go for a walk, I feel like I have the best job in the world. I may not know what I am doing half the time but he doesn't seem to care and finds it very funny when I sneeze, hiccup or cough.

To my sweet Little Guy, Happy First Birthday. Now, please fall asleep for your nap. xo

1 comment:

ALLIE NYC said...

Well congrats to him! Happy first birthday!

Ali of

Dressing Ken