Friday, May 10, 2013

Mother's Day

Last year I celebrated Mother's Day while pregnant (yes, I believe that every pregnant woman should celebrate Mother's Day!) I was almost 9 months along, not sleeping, horrible indigestion and sweating all the time. It was lovely. This year, I am finally sleeping (almost), indigestion gone, and the sweating happens in the gym, or when I am late and running through the streets of Manhattan pushing a stroller while wearing wedges, this happens more than I would like to admit. Truly lovely.

I wasn't planning on being sentimental but hey, I can't help myself sometimes. I wanted to take this moment to thank my mother, my sister, my mom's best friends who are like mothers to me, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law and my friends. Thank you for your guidance, your advice and your support. Without all of you, I wouldn't know how to, change a diaper, swaddle a baby, drink wine while breastfeeding, use a breast pump (after drinking the wine), make a bottle, help Little Guy not hate tummy time, clean the bathtub after he had pooped in it, feed him once he started eating food, sooth his aching gums from teething (scotch on a cotton ball, genius), help him use a spoon (still working on this one), laugh when he pees all over me three times in a row in one changing, and never feel bad when I have to call at crazy hours of the night (damn you PST).

Being a mother is like nothing else I have ever felt or experienced. It's a crazy, happy, nutty, tearful, laugh-filled, fear inducing, amazing experience. I am so grateful to have such wonderful role models to learn from and follow. I love you all.

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom and me circa 1979


My little guy and me circa 2012

1 comment:

R's Rue said...

How sweet! Such cute photos!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com