Friday, November 22, 2013

Friday Finds: Dressing the Bump

When I was pregnant with my first, I was working 50 hours a week in a corporate environment. My daily wardrobe varied from pants, skirts, dresses, and occasionally jeans. All accessorized and styled. Now that I am a stay-at-home mom my wardrobe is entirely different, jeans, more jeans and the occasional dress.

I really took for granted the blessing of working while pregnant. Every morning I woke up and literally "got ready for work." Hair, makeup, outfit. I left the house feeling ready for the day ahead. Now, if I wash my face before noon I feel accomplished. It is taking it's toll on me. I need to feel the importance of "getting ready" again. For me, "getting ready" makes me feel better, gives me a little boost, and even helps me focus more on my little guy and the day ahead. And who doesn't want that?!

At 16, almost 17 weeks, my bump has already popped. Luckily my pants still fit (thank you, Tummy Sleeve) but forget the skirts and dresses. It's time to find some pieces to incorporate into my wardrobe so when I "get ready" everyday it feels styled and complete, and also pretty darn good.

For all the moms and moms-to-be, give yourself permission to "get ready" everyday. Trust me when I say, it makes a world of difference. Enjoy and XO.


No comments: