Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Midriff Riff

If Fall 2009 is all about the leg, then Spring 2010 is attempting to be the midriff.

I am not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it is very bold and definitely fresh, but at the same time, is in not a little bit trashy (for lack of a better, less judgmental word)?

Do we have to bare a little belly to be the newest version of sexy? I kind of hope not. Some designs are subtle with a thin layer of chiffon layered on top and others are more blatant.

Maybe I am prudish, not bold enough to flaunt my middle unless I am on a beach in my J. Crew bandeau bikini. I say bravo to those who can and will flaunt this trend in 2010, I salute you and hope you don't get chilly.

Start your pilates sessions now ladies if you plan on running around bare bellied when May comes around.


Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti


Phi


Missoni


Michael Kors


Cynthia Steffe


Christian Cota

No comments: